Barefoot in Blue

Monday, April 23, 2007

My Terms and Their Definitions...
It would be rude of me to continue to speak in the vernacular without defining the terms I use, this is a brief tutorial, feel free to add any of these words to your everyday conversations =)
Term: Bunn
(a) noun, a person who is more than a friend but is less than a girl/boyfriend; your spouse cannot be your bunn but your bunn can become your spouse.
(b) Someone you spend time with but does not quite have a label.
(c) Can also be a person with whom you have no actual contact with.
(d) A crush or someone that you find attractive in general. Bunns can also have a label such as your work bunn, or your class bunn, my roommate (whom I call Roommate) lovingly called her bunn CoreBunn because he was a cute guy in her CORE class freshman year. If you have multiple people, a label might help to differentiate.
Used in a sentence: My bunn from class is picking me up later, we're going to get something to eat. Or: There's this really cute girl at the library that I see studying all time, she's such a bunn! You will never hear: My bunn and I are going to go shopping for furniture for our apartment...why is this not correct? Because they have an obvious label if they are living together and the term bunn cannot be used. The term can only be used for introductory or ambiguous 'relationships'.
It can be conjugated by saying: Judy and Bill were all bunned up at the party...meaning they were openly displaying interest in each other. Or: James and Cindy have been talking for a long time, I think they are bunned up now...this meaning that they are openly showing that they are interested in each other outside of the confines of partying. People often flirt at parties but it is something else if they are smiling in each other's faces at the grocery store. There will be a quiz at the end, now the next term...
Term: Canoodle
(a) verb, to fool around, to make out.
This is actually a term that our grandparents used but it has changed a bit since then, I will explain: to canoodle can be anything from sitting on the sofa with someone watching a movie to hard core making out (there have been debates whether or not oral sex can be included in canoodling, I personally feel that it can fall under this category also)
(b) basically, the term means any and everything accept sexual intercourse.
Used in a sentence: He and I fed the ducks and canoodled in the park yesterday. I used the park to show that it is possible for a person to canoodle in public without being arrested; remember: the only way to know the extent of the canoodling is by the context within the sentence. Another example: He and I canoodled last night, I still can't find my bra. Well this means this is a little more than giggling in the park; nonetheless, it is still considered canoodling.
Term: Finagle, also spelled Fanagle; I prefer the latter
(a) verb, to have sex. Point blank.
(b) wherever you would place the work sex, you can place the word fanagle.
Used in a sentence: If you are going to fanagle be sure that you get tested first. It can be conjugated as such: Mmhmm, I heard that the boss and his secretary have been fanagling, I think she might be pregnant!
Now the quiz...
Fill in the blank with the correct term and conjugation.
1. "I heard John and Sarah went to a hotel last night to_____"
2. "Mr. Jamison the science teacher is so cute! He's such a ____"
3. "On Valentines Day, Sam took me on a carriage ride; it was cold so we_______ to keep warm!"
Answer:
1. Fanagle. You would not have to be in a private place to canoodle, hotel was the context clue
2. Bunn. That should have been easy. Cute is a context clue not to mention that bunn is the only noun.
3. Canoodle. This one could have been tricky. The context clue is that they were on a carriage ride, most people would not fanagle there.
These are the terms that I use. Have fun randomly plugging them into a conversation!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • I haven't visited your blog is so long, but I found this entry very hilarious/helpful. I had no idea that to fanagle was to have sex. I thought that it was on the same level as canoodle, but I guess I was very wrong.

    By Blogger Kendra, At June 7, 2007 at 12:48:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home