Barefoot in Blue

Monday, December 12, 2005

Snow sucks... No, Really it Does...




There are not many things that I hate... I can tolerate most people, situations, places, foods, you name, I can take it... But, there is one thing that I hate more than than death itself...Snow! I can't describe to you the dread I feel when I see those little dots falling from the sky and freezing everyting in it's path. Actually, I hate the cold in general; snow is the rotten cherry on top. If anyone were to ask any friend (even foe) of mine three major facts about me, my dread for the snow would be top of the list! I'm not one to complain (at least not much) but I don't understand how people can live, even play in the snow. Having to put on a snow suit, or finally getting warm enough and somehow a bit of snow will find its way down the back of your neck where it melts and turns soggy...eck! When I was I child, we used to live in Iowa... it was as if the state had some sort of contract with the sky! It would be so bitterly cold and windy because the land is so flat there. It would snow foot upon foot upon foot of snow. The trucks would push the stuff to each side of the road and would cause these huge mountains of dirty ice that you couldn't see over. Dreadful stuff...
My birthday is on the 19th of December. When I was a child I used to pray for God to somehow change my birthdate to the summertime (obviously a futile request. Hey, I was a kid...) Who wants to be outside trudging around in that crap. I vowed to myself that I would live in a place that was warm and would never snow... I fully intend on keeping this promise.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home