Barefoot in Blue

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

James "J J" Jackson...will be missed
I found out yesterday that a classmate of mine had gotten into a carwreck and was killed. He was such a cool guy: funny, always happy, silly, full of energy...he will definitely, without a doubt be missed.
You know how you remember exactly what you were doing when something really good or really bad happens? What you were wearing, the last thing you said, or what you were thinking about. I remember watching this documentary on Martin Luther King and one of the guys who was there when he was killed recalled how the bullet had severed his necktie and had caused the knot to flip over...it's such a random thought but that's what happens when your brain is stamped with such a strong memory... you remember everything. When I found out about James I was in the office complaining to myself about how I keep breaking my nails and how I wanted them to be nice and long when school starts...in the grand scheme of things, it's such a ridiculous thought...
I had a dream about three days before James passed. I had a dream about a friend of mine's brother (whom I'd never met.) I told her that in the dream her brother was driving around suburban New York ( a place I'd never been) in a white car with dark interior. The seatbelts in the car were hot as if the car had been in the sun but it was nighttime. He had on a black shirt with a blue and white flat billed baseball cap. The dream was really detailed and random. The odd thing is that I told her that in the dream, her brother looked like James (Her brother and James are both New Yorkers). She told me that her brother had bought a white car the other day and he does look like James. She thought it was odd that I described her brother's car and how he looked though I had never seen him, she said I was crazy and we sat there for a minute and didn't say anything, then we changed the subject. The whole conversation happened about 3 days before he was killed. I know she is thinking the same thing I'm thinking now: that we were just talking about James and the car and everything else...we still haven't brought it up...I don't think we ever will...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • That was my second time hearing the story and it still gives me the chills. You really do have some deep clairvoyant powers working for you in your sleep. One would imagine that sensing the future would be a fun thing, but I suppose it wouldn't if you were sensing death. I am so sorry about your lost.

    By Blogger Kendra, At August 23, 2005 at 3:01:00 PM PDT  

  • Yeah, Kemdra, so far it hasn't been so much fun. Whenever a dream sticks with me like this, it has some sort of meaning that is eventually revealed. Hopefully someday they will be of happier things.

    By Blogger Barefoot in Blue, At August 24, 2005 at 11:49:00 AM PDT  

  • Yeah, Miz Blue

    I can attest to the fact that you definitely have some wake-time clairvoyance, as well. I ran upon this blog site while looking for "something else". You had sent your blog site web address to me earlier and somehow I had planned to get to it and never did-until today. I guess you reached out and touched me - electronically, I mean. I will be in touch, soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 24, 2005 at 2:49:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home