Barefoot in Blue

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Something else...my *eggtooth

I put away my eggtooth, I have slowed my exodus... I'm sure all young adults, like myself, have found themselves in similar situations. Trying desperately to chip away (more like jackhammer) their shell and break free of childish things and to emerge shiny, new, and grown. Not an adult, but grown. Everyone becomes an adult when they turn 18 (21 respectively) but grown is something you acquire. Being in your early twenties, you tend to try to prove to yourself and others that you have everything imaginable under complete and total control, not one mistake can be found. Though the older you get you find that these goals are irrational and no is perfect, and true growth and discovery is found within the mistakes. So, my fellow young people, take heart and enjoy the creamy white interior of your shell, there is time to leave and take on the responsibilites of life. Have fun, watch a cartoon or two with your younger siblings, take them to the park and slide down the slide with them, or draw with crayons. We all must take our time and slowly emerge. Don't waste your dynamite...

*A hard toothlike projection from the beak of embryonic birds, or from the upper jaw of embryonic reptiles, that is used to cut the egg membrane and shell upon hatching and that later falls off... just in case you didn't know

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home