Barefoot in Blue

Thursday, July 07, 2005

I couldn't sleep

Do you remember the show My-S0-Called Life? I had a hard time sleeping last night and I stayed up and watched it...to tell you the truth, I could have gone to bed but I have recently fallen back in love with the show. I belive it is Claire Dane's first acting gig, akward and redheaded. I sat there thinking, "God why can't they make shows like this anymore?" In a world overrun by (false) reality television, ghastly news programs and the like, it's refreshing to watch a show that is well written and easy to relate to. There are unfortunately many out of work writers who could add to the benign televison selection available today, but instead Hollywood figures its true to get "real" people to do riduculous things and pay them a comparatively small sum in return, thus creating a larger profit. It benefits them but causes our brains to calcify in pure bordeom.
The episode consisted of fifteen year old Angela (Danes) being pressured into sex by her boyfriend. It is such an important topic and is pertinent to teenagers but has somehow has not been brought up. If I could bring back shows, this one would definitely be one of them.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home