Barefoot in Blue

Friday, July 15, 2005

Is Someone Getting the Best of You?
(Best of You)
There is a group named the Foo Fighters who have made a song and asked this question. When I heard the song, it really clung to me. I think it is a fabulous question. It is a question that everyone should ask themselves. I have asked myself this and I know I have a habit of doing the most and being insulted if someone tries to return the favor. I am a giver but a really sucky receiver. At first I felt that the question could be translated into Is someone taking advantage of you or manipulating you? Sometimes givers don't realize that they are being taken advantage of, or they are giving someone their very best and the person doesn't deserve or appreciate the extra effort. I also feel that it could also mean, "Are you giving anyone the best of you?" Someone or something in your life should get your highest, your greatest, you premium, your special,- the most wonderful part of you. Whether its love or attention, or even a strong work ethic, something should receive the most potent and concentrated passion you have. Think about it really think about it. Who or what gets your best? Are your giving your best wholeheartedly or is it from obligation or a chore? Do they deserve it. It's easy to get into the just-enough-to-get-by funk and think that's good enough. In a lot of areas in life, that might do, but something or someone should receive your very best. Giving to the wrong people can make you tired and the people who deserve it won't receive it (hopefully that makes sense to you). Hmmm...great song.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home