Barefoot in Blue

Monday, June 05, 2006

Truly Happy

My sister got married the day before yesterday. It was beautiful and delightfully overwhelming! So much was going on that it boggled the mind! She was beautiful, it was beautiful...a wonderful wedding. Afterward I sat thought about my relationship with my sister...She and I have been insepearable since my birth. We are about 3 years apart and just like my oldest sister, we have all been best friends. When she and I decided to move in with each other my junior year, it was an interesing experience. I saw my sister, working hard in medical school, all the while keeping a long distance relationship afloat; no easy task! She drove me up the wall like only a big sister can and I dreamed of pushing her down a flight of steps...if you have an older (or younger) sibling, you would understand! I prayed for her wedding to come, and I tell you it couldn't come fast enough! It was a slow grueling proccess that I wanted to end as fast as possible...MARRY HER ALREADY! I would hollar into the phone whenever her fiance' would call. As it drew nearer, I would mentally salivate with the idea of all of my older siblings being married off, in turn, leaving me alone. The day finally came and it was an explosion of colors, lights, and love! A party to end all parites...so much fun! I went outside with er to help her pack all of her gifts into her new husbands car and I realized that she wasn't coming back home...wait a minte! She's not coming back home?! The girl that I had been attatched to the hip with for 23 years was leaving me...she and I had slept in the same bed for 6months before she was married, just because she wanted to...two grown women...

I sit here with the house quiet, no television, no micowave humming, or her yelling for me to come look at something on television...silence...yes, it's golden but it would gleam even more if she were here to experience it with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home